Ahhhhhhh chicken. I love chicken. Fried chicken, BBQ chicken, chicken noodle soup, chicken tetrazzini, chicken pot pie, which should NEVER be confused with chicken pie. But we’ll discuss that another day.
Anyway, you get. I love me some chicken and this dish I’m about to share is no different
CRACK. CHICKEN. PASTA. Yum. So let me forewarn you, this is the farthest thing from healthy, and my pictures are far from decent. But the dish is to die for.
This pasta is stick to your ribs, stop your heart good. But you should go for an after dinner walk once you’re done licking your plate.
To start off, you’re going to cook your chicken.
I’m a crappy adult and always forget to thaw my chicken, which is why the instant pot is my BFF.
Frozen. Completely frozen. At like 4pm. (Face palm)
Dropped my frozen chicken lump in the pot
Dumped a cup of water in there with it
Seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, an onion rub from McCormack because it’s delicious
Pressure cook for 15 minutes and wah-lahhhhh. Chickens done.
Use a meat thermometer and make sure it’s up to temp. We don’t want any salmonella fiascos. If it’s not quite done, pop it back in for 5 or so minutes. It shouldn’t take as long to get up to temp. If the water is gone, add some more, or it’ll burn to the bottom of the pot. (Not speaking from experience or anything)
Chop your carrots and celery while your chicken is cooking
Two cans of chicken broth, two cans cream of chicken, 1 block of cream cheese, 1 ranch packet, 1 lbs cooked and crumbled bacon, cook until bubblin’
See the bubbles?!
Now add your pasta. If you want to listen to me, use fettuccini because it’s thick and delicious
SOOOOOOO GOOD. And it’s even good leftover. It gets thicker. And YUM. You know how spaghetti is better the next day? Well so is this dish. Make a ton and eat it for lunch the next day. So. Good.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 packet ranch mix
- 2 8 oz cans chicken broth
- 2 8 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 or 3 carrots, chopped
- 2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 box fettuccini
- Cook chicken and shred, cook bacon and crumbled
- Clean and chop carrots and celery
- Put soup, broth, ranch packet and cream cheese in pot and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce heat and add bacon, chicken and veggies, cook about 10 minutes
- Add pasta and cook until done
- SERVE AND ENJOY CUZ ITS DELISH